The “world” here in this text represents all that rebel against God and His Kingdom. People who are against God’s law and His government are the world. The “things” refers to the medium, the message, the mechanics that are used to by the worldly to overthrow God in the hearts and minds of His people. The battle for the hearts and minds of God’s people are fiercely fought by our freedom to choose. Therefore when we choose to rebel against God, who created us, we commit sin against Him.The question is whose side is my affection set? Is it in the side of God or Satan, the rebel leader?
Sin is willful disobedience to the law of God. It is the opposite of loving God. The world sins against God and continues to do so until it is put to an end by God’s righteous judgment. Sin is a trap cloak in pleasurable fashion. It is a poison disguised as pure element. Yet to the untrained mind sin is attractive and alluring. The fatal consequence of rebellion is death therefore to commit sin is to die.
Death is inherent in sin. The world today is sinful and the things of this world leads us to sin. The Word of God strongly commands us to choose to love God and to obey God. His Son, Jesus Christ sacrifice His life so we can have true freedom to live a sin free life. Do not love the world and its things. Do not love sin by obeying God.
If you believe in Jesus Christ you will not rebel against Him. Jesus loves you. Satan desires to destroy you. Here are 10 points you can pray about and do to not love sin.
1. Only Jesus is the true Messiah from God. Worship Him not the world.
2. Live by faith and not by sight. Believe the Bible not the rituals of the world.
3. Tell others about Jesus and call people to repentance and conversation from the world to Christ.
4. Worship God on Saturday, the true seal of God and forsake the worship of the first day, the mark of the beast.
5. Serve your parents and love them.
6. Hate no one but be forgiving.
7. Forsake the sexual revolution of Satan. Stay pure and repulse destroying your body by lusting, fornication, and unnatural sexual acts.
8. Forsake to acquire material things by being generous and giving to the poor.
9. Always be truthful and honest. Living a life free from corruption and graft.
10.Do not live worldliness and accumulate more wealth. Sin is self-seeking. Self-giving for Jesus Christ and self-sacrifice to tell others about God’s love.
Jesus is the cure for our love to sin. Love Jesus!